WP4: Installation and mainteinance of the enabling network and grid infrastructure #
Lead beneficiary: maat G #
- To evaluate, extend and consolidate the existing network connectivity and Grid infrastructure on a requirements basis,
- To formalize an appropriate Service Level Agreement (SLA) for Grid resources providers to commit to,
- To formalize an appropriate Software Releasing Policy (SRP) for JRA and SA developers to commit to,
- To deploy and maintain the DECIDE platform and Grid sites resources on a requirements basis,
- To actively monitor the DECIDE platform and Grid infrastructure and take appropriate maintenance actions when needed,
- To support the installation, configuration and well operation of end-users’ applications in the platform,
- To provision the DECIDE applications and their interfaces to end-users, together with accompanying support,
- To enlarge the DECIDE platform and infrastructure applications portfolio on a requirements basis.
This activity will be responsible for implementing, operating and maintaining the different layers of the DECIDE infrastructure, from Network to the GUI.
- Task SA1.1 - Network provision and operation, including user support (GARR).
- Specification of an SLA by P9, P1, P3 and P6 to inform project developments and infrastructure deployments. An SLA will be proposed based on the requirements analysis conclusions and according to expected/delivered applications. Specifications will be refined on a yearly basis by authors, and used to evaluate partners’ networks. Evaluation, provision and operation of the network connectivity as needed by the DECIDE platform and applications. Network connections of all partners providing computing resources will be evaluated by P9 and P1 against the defined DECIDE SLA. In case of limited connectivity, P9 and P1 collaborators will propose an action plan and support partners in negotiating a more appropriate connection whether from the private sector or from the concerned GEANT NREN.
- Task SA1.2 - Grid infrastructure provision and operation, including support(COMETA).
- Evaluation, provision and operation by P9, P3 and P6 of the Grid resources as needed by the DECIDE platform and applications. Grid resources of concerned partners will be maintained, monitored and extended should the latter be needed. The Grid sites will also be evaluated by P9, P3 and P6 against the SLA, as defined in task TSA1.1. In case of limited quality of services, P9, P3 and P6 will propose an action plan and support concerned partners in improving the Grid site services provision.
- Task SA1.3 - Software release management (maat G).
- Specification of a Software Release Policy (SRP) by P9 and P3 to inform project developments and infrastructure deployments. An SRP will thus be proposed and agreed upon with the project partners. Packaging, deployment, provision and operation of the DECIDE platform and applications. Within this task, P9 and P3 will take care of packaging (following the SRP as defined in TSA1.2), installing, configuring and maintaining the DECIDE platform and applications. The DECIDE sites will also be evaluated by P9 and P3 against the defined DECIDE SLA. In case of limited quality of services, P9 and P3 will propose an action plan to improve the DECIDE site services provision.